This recipe, from The Casual Vineyard Table, makes 4 servings.
Chilled Zucchini Soup With White Truffle Oil
* 6 zucchini (about 3-lbs.), cut into 3/4-inch slices
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 1 yellow onion, chopped
* 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
* 8-oz. package cream cheese, cut into 1-inch chunks
* 1 cup Chardonnay
* 1 to 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 2 teaspoons white truffle oil
* 1 tablespoon Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, finely chopped
* 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
1. Place zucchini and salt in a saucepan with just enough water to barely cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat and add the butter. When butter has melted, add the onion and tarragon and saute for 4 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Remove pan from the heat.
3. Combine onions and zucchini in a food processor or blender. Add cream cheese and wine, and puree.
4. Transfer to a bowl and stir in enough broth to make a thick, creamy soup. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover the soup and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. To serve, divide the soup among serving bowls. Drizzle with white truffle oil in the center of each bowl. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon zest.