Try these cookies (this recipe yields about 38 cookies) with Viognier, off-dry Chenin Blanc, Gruner Veltliner or Riesling.
GLAZED LEMON COOKIES
* 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, room temperature
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
* 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
* 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Glaze:
* 2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on low until smooth. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, and mix on low speed only until incorporated. Add flour, baking powder and salt, and mix on low speed or 1-2 minutes. Stop and squeeze dough in your hand; it should be crumbly but still form a ball. Beat up to 1 minute longer if necessary, but do not overbeat.
2. Scoop the dough with a small ice cream scoop or molded teaspoon onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake until the edges start to turn a light golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
3. For the glaze, blend lemon juice and confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl until smooth. Dip the tops of cooled cookies into glaze.