Smoked Salmon Penne Pasta
* 3 cups dry penne pasta
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
* 3 cups fresh spinach (6 ounces)
* 1 cup diced fresh tomato
* 1 cup whipping cream
* 8 ounces diced smoked salmon
* 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
* 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
* 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
* Salt and pepper, to taste
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over high heat. Add garlic, spinach and tomato. Saute until the spinach is wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add cream, smoked salmon and mustard, and continue to cook for another minute. Add the cooked pasta and stir in the butter and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Divide between 2 heated pasta bowls and garnish with the fresh basil.