Quick and Easy Fagole and Escarole
* 2 cans white kidney beans
* 2/3 can of water for each can of beans
* 1 1/2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
* 1 medium to large onion, chopped finely
* 3 Tbl. olive oil
* Small handful escarole
* 1/2 can diced tomatoes, with about 1/4 cup of the sauce
* Salt and pepper
1. Empty both cans of beans into large sauce pot. Add water to pot, and
2. Add garlic, onion and olive oil. Saute until translucent.
3. Add garlic mixture, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, and heat thoroughly.
4. Boil escarole until tender, and add to bean mixture.
5. Heat all for 90 minutes to 2 hours, or until "soup" thickens.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.