Try this flavorful sauce over lamb or prime rib, and serve with Pinot Noir, Malbec or a red blend.
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 4 shallots, minced
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
* 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
* 1 bay leaf
* 2 cups Pinot Noir
* 2 cups lamb or beef stock
* Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the shallots and garlic, and saute until fragrant.
3. Add the parsley, thyme and bay leaf.
4. Stir in the wine and simmer until reduced by half.
5. Add the lamb or beef stock and reduce again by half.
6. Season with salt and pepper.