- 1-1/2-lb. rack of lamb, trimmed
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 2 t garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 T grated Parmesan
1. Season lamb on all sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a medium skillet over high heat, and when hot, add vegetable oil. When oil is almost smoking, add the lamb and brown well on all sides (about 6 minutes). Transfer lamb to a plate and set aside to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Using back of a spoon, spread mustard evenly over all sides of lamb. Spread minced garlic in the same manner.
4. In a small mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese, tossing to thoroughly combine. Spread bread crumb mixture all over lamb, pressing so the crumbs adhere to the meat.
5. Place lamb on a baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes for medium-rare. Let sit for 10 minutes before carving and serving.