Here's a versatile dish that matches well with red Bordeaux or Merlot, yet also can be enjoyed with white wines because of its lemon-flavored sauce. It makes 4 servings.
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
* Dash pepper
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 4 lamb loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 1/4 pounds total)
1. For lemon sauce, combine cornstarch, salt, oregano and pepper; stir in water and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice.
2. Trim chops of excess fat. Place chops on the rack of an unheated broiler pan; brush chops with some of the lemon sauce.
3. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat to desired doneness, turning and brushing with sauce once (allow 10 to 12 minutes total time for medium; 14 to 16 minutes for well-done). Pour remaining lemon sauce on chops.