* 1 large roasting chicken (appx. 5 lbs.)
* 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons melted butter
* 4 carrots, cut into shanks
* 4 zucchini squash, cut into strips
* 6-8 red potatoes, cut into chunks
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/4 tsp. paprika
* 1 tsp. fresh dill weed
* 1 tsp. dried minced onions
* 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
* Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Rinse chicken and dry thoroughly. Sprinkle the cavities with salt and pepper. Skewer skin neck to back, and wings to body. Leaves legs untied to allow heat penetration on thighs.
2. Place chicken in a shallow roasting pan, and brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Roast for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables and blanch in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain thoroughly. Add vegetables to roasting pan with chicken. Baste with pan drippings. Continue roasting one hour longer.
4. Blend together the glaze ingredients: honey, 1/4 cup melted butter, paprika, dill weed, minced onion and lemon juice.
5. Pour glaze over chicken and continue roasting and basting until chicken is tender and vegetables are done.