This is such a recipe. We came across it while doing research on the wines that will be included in an upcoming club shipment from The World of Wines -featuring the wines of Portugal.
The recipe makes 6 servings. And if you'd like to learn more about The World of Wine, click on the "Vinesse Wine Clubs" link on the homepage.
PORTUGUESE-STYLE ROASTED PORK
* 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
* 6 bay leaves
* 1 tablespoon kosher salt
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 3 tablespoons paprika
* 1 cup fruity white wine
* 3/4 cup olive oil, divided
* 5-lb. boneless pork loin
1. In a food processor, puree garlic and bay leaves with salt and pepper. Add paprika, wine and 1/2 cup olive oil, and blend well. In a deep dish, coat pork loin with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
2. Remove pork from marinade. In an oven-safe pan, brown pork in the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, and roast in a 350-degree oven for 75 minutes, or until internal temperature is 140 degrees. Remove from heat and carve.
* 1 cup orange juice
* 1/4 cup Brandy
* 4 cups dark chicken stock
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1 cup black mission figs
* 3 blood oranges, peeled and sliced
* Salt and pepper
In a saucepan over medium heat, reduce orange juice and Brandy by half. Add stock and reduce by half again. Add honey and figs, and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Add orange slices, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 2 more minutes.
Fan pork slices on plate, and ladle sauce on top.