* 3-4 lbs. Chuck roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
* 1 bottle Petite Sirah
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup flour
* 2 ribs celery, diced
* 2 medium red onions (one diced small, the other in large cubes)
* 5 medium carrots (one diced small, the others in 2-inch pieces)
* 2 lbs. whole button mushrooms
* 6 cups beef stock
* Bouquet garni
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium sauce pan, reduce beef stock by half and reserve.
2. Place beef Chuck cubes in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste, then dust with flour to coat.
3. Heat olive oil in stock pot or roaster with lid under medium-high heat. Add one-third of the beef and brown thoroughly. Remove beef and do the same with the remaining two-thirds (one-third at a time). Remove beef.
4. Keeping burner on medium-high, add diced celery, carrots and onion with about 2 tablespoons flour. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
5. Add entire bottle of wine, stock and bouquet, and put beef back in. Reduce to simmer. Put lid partially on and simmer, stirring occasionally for 3 hours.
6. Add carrot pieces, onion pieces and mushrooms. Cook until newly added vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened, about 45 minutes.
7. Salt and pepper entire mixture to taste, remove from heat and serve.