It's not easy to match Cabernet Sauvignon with dessert.
Not easy... but not impossible.
Try this recipe with your favorite fruit-forward - i.e., not
overly tannic - Cabernet.
RED WINE BUNDT CAKE
- 1 cup (2 sticks) real butter or stick margarine (do not substitute
reduced-fat spreads - they'll yield less-satisfactory results due to
their higher water content, and besides, this is dessert!)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup fruity red wine
- 4 oz. baking chocolate, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add eggs, wine and grated chocolate, and beat.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix into dough.
3. Put in greased and floured Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour. Turn
oven off and let cake rest in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven
and dust with powdered sugar.